The Way Forward

Viewing Thread

Mugen's avatar Mugen Administrator
  • CP: 43494
4 months ago Mugen's avatar Mugen said…

Infinity Nest: What's Next?

Greetings Nesters! I wanted to take a moment today to talk about what's in store for Infinity Nest and also address some issues that have been brought to our attention by all of you.

It's no secret that the times have been hard on the server ever since we've come back online a month ago. From the intermittent server stability to the subpar quality of patches, we feel that overall our service to you, the community has taken a hit. The current state of Infinity Nest is quite different from what it was months ago and personally, I think the server has strayed quite far from our original mission.

We've always believed that the landscape in Dragon Nest servers was lacking in good, professional experiences. Our aim has never been to please those who seek high rates or extreme modifications to the game. We strive to improve Dragon Nest where we feel it is most lacking. We also feel that Dragon Nest was at it best pre-90 cap and that's probably not going to change.

All this to say that we want to cater to the true Dragon Nest enthusiasts. Those who've played the game through and through. Those who like the game for all it's quirks and imperfections or it's fantastic combat system.

We are committed more than ever to rectify these issues and work towards a better gaming experience on Infinity Nest. So what does that mean concretely? Read on...

Communication

We recognize that transparency between the staff and the community has been lacking for a long time and it's one of the important things we want to work on. Going forward, you can expect more insight into what we're working on, what's coming soon and what we're discussing internally. As the Community Manager, Gamba has been appointed to keep everyone up to date on the news for the server. From time to time, we might also do videos or livestreams to demonstrate work-in-progress features or updates.

Content

As I mentioned earlier, we feel the quality of the recent patches hasn't been on-par with the kind of content we were pushing out months ago. As a response to this issue, the team has agreed to hold weekly or bi-weekly test sessions to ensure that we catch and fix any possible bugs or problems that could arise.

Lvl 70 Cap / Infinity Nest 2.0

For a long time now we've kept information regarding the Lvl 70 Cap update under wraps. The reason for this is that the update is much more than a simple cap upgrade. Internally, we've dubbed the update Infinity Nest 2.0 due to the significance of the update. So what's in store? A lot.

We've been working on and off the 2.0 update since early February. It's hard to describe how big of an update this is but the changes are so important, it's essentially a whole new server. This means that once the update is ready, we'll be migrating the entire server over to the new update and a brand new client will be released.

One of the most important changes of the 2.0 update is that we'll be moving from the T4 skill system we have currently to a custom T5 base. If you're not familiar with these terms, it means that we'll essentially be moving from a 70 Cap base system to a 90 Cap base system (the level is will still be 70).

But Mugen!! You said you guys don't like 90 cap!1!!1!!! Yes, that's correct. One of the main reasons this update is taking so long to complete is that we're trying to bring the skills back as close as possible as to what they were in 70 cap which is no small task.

Some of the things you can look forward to include:

• Revamped skill system including things like Mechanic Mode, etc..
  • New class: Lencea!
  • New Saint Haven - Gone is the old & drab classic Saint Haven
  • New Cash Shop - many new additions to costumes and various consumables
  • New challenges! Mist & Guardian Nests are awaiting you...
  • New server location: to better serve our community, our server will be relocated in Europe
  • New website with more features
  • A plethora of common bug fixes
  • And more... We don't want to reveal everything yet!

Edited 4 months ago

Mugen's signature

Posted 4 months ago, updated 4 months ago # - View post
Pete's avatar Pete Member
  • CP: 375
4 months ago Pete's avatar Pete said…

In all honestly, if 2.0 makes the job easier and makes for less cluter in the long run for future updates. Then I don't see the issue as we will still be getting 70 cap + it's contents but with 90 UI i'm assuming? Even so, the changes would mostly be QOL which is a good thing for players nowadays.

That's my personal opinion on the matter, hope it helps. :)

Posted 4 months ago # - View post
Mugen's avatar Mugen Administrator
  • CP: 43494
4 months ago Mugen's avatar Mugen said…

In response to Pete (View post):

In all honestly, if 2.0 makes the job easier and makes for less cluter in the long run for future updates. Then I don't see the issue as we will still be getting 70 cap + it's contents but with 90 UI i'm assuming? Even so, the changes would mostly be QOL which is a good thing for players nowadays.

That's my personal opinion on the matter, hope it helps. :)

Pretty much! That's the goal at least. There are changes that go deeper than just the UI but we want to try and keep them as minimal as possible.

Mugen's signature

Pete's avatar Pete Member
4 months ago Pete's avatar Pete said…

Nonetheless 70 cap with new class skills are most likely the upside of the update and the new nests/content along with it. Assuming the majority of the players are hoping for the same as I am.

ravensstk's avatar ravensstk Member
  • CP: 2250
4 months ago ravensstk's avatar ravensstk said…

YEAAAAAAAAH!!!!
Finally, Mechanic Mode and Lencea - Omg, I can't wait!!!
Thank you Mugen and devs :D

xienn11's avatar xienn11 Member
  • CP: 3375
3 months ago xienn11's avatar xienn11 said…

INfinity Box Please

Posted 3 months ago # - View post
00xtian00's avatar 00xtian00 Member
  • Guild: NeXxUs
  • CP: 0
3 months ago 00xtian00's avatar 00xtian00 said…

how about arc heretic and other dark char?? will it will be posible to bring them in too??

Gamba's avatar Gamba Community Manager
  • Guild: Daikirai
  • CP: 22125
3 months ago Gamba's avatar Gamba said…

Right now, that won't be possible, however we might be able to release DA in the future.
If we do bring DA, then we could potentially bring the other dark classes as well.

The one and only !

clasterquinn's avatar clasterquinn Member
  • Guild: Team Rocket
3 months ago clasterquinn's avatar clasterquinn said…

• New server location: to better serve our community, our server will be relocated in Europe

sorry noob question, does this affect our ping in asia when playing the game?